According to the Word of God
It is very simple to be saved and takes only a minute to explain. Please let me show you how to get to Heaven from the Bible, God’s Word…
1. Man is a sinner.
* Isaiah 53:6, “All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.”
* John 3:3, “Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
* Romans 3:10, “As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one.”
* Romans 3:23, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.”
2. There is a price on our sin―eternal death in Hell.
* Romans 6:23, “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
* Romans 5:12, “Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.”
* 2nd Thessalonians 1:8, “In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
* Revelation 20:15, “And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”
* Revelation 21:8, “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
3. Jesus paid that price by dying on the cross and shedding His blood.
* Romans 5:8, “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
* John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
* 1st Timothy 1:15, “This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.”
* 1st Peter 1:18-19, “Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ…”
4. By faith in Jesus Christ ALONE we can be saved.
Salvation is NOT found in a religion or good works, but in a Person… The LORD JESUS CHRIST!
* John 11:25, “Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.”
* John 14:6, “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
* John 6:40, “And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”
* Mark 1:15, “And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
* Acts 26:18, “To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.”
* Romans 10:13, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
* 1st Corinthians 3:11, “For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.”
* Galatians 3:26, “For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.”
HERE IS HOW YOU CALL UPON THE LORD
Do you admit that you are a GUILTY sinner, under the condemnation of God’s LAW, deserving of Hellfire?
Do you believe that Jesus is the Son of God (God in the flesh) who died upon the cross, sacrificing His precious blood to pay for your sins?
If you’d like to be saved, simply come to God as a guilty sinner and BELIEVE upon the Lord Jesus Christ.
Perhaps you’d feel comfortable praying a sinner’s prayer as did the publican in Luke 18:13… “And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto Heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.”
I admit that I am a sinner, deserving of Hell. Please forgive me of my sins and take me to Heaven when I die. I now believe upon You alone, apart from all self-righteous works and religion, as my personal Savior. Thank you. Amen.
Just as you were born physically to your parents, so you were born spiritually into the Family of God when you received Jesus! Please understand that we are not saved because we pray a prayer; but because we believe upon the Lord Jesus Christ. It is certainly appropriate to ask the Lord in prayer to forgive and save us; but it is our faith which prompts us to pray. You could just as easily believe in your heart upon the Lord to be saved, and not pray at all. Salvation is of the heart, as we read in Romans 10:10, “For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness…”
It’s not what you’re doing that gets you to Heaven, it’s where you’re looking. Look to Jesus!
You do NOT have to be water baptized or doing anything to get to Heaven other than trust upon the Lord as your Savior. Romans 4:5 proclaims… “But to him that worketh not, but believeth on Him (Jesus) that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.” What a wonderful truth! Our faith is COUNTED for righteousness! There is NO self-righteousness involved in salvation. It is the gift of God. You see, we have no righteousness of our own to offer God. No amount of good can undo the bad we’ve done. Thus, Jesus paid a debt that He did not owe, because we owed a debt that we could not pay. Salvation is receiving; not giving. We are Sinners and Jesus is the Savior. Jesus is precious!
Unbelief is the only sin which can keep you out of Heaven.
If you’ve never been saved, then now is the time to believe upon the name of Jesus, the Christ, that your sins will be blotted out forever and you can know that your name is written in Heaven. First John 5:13, “These things have I written unto you that ye may know that you have eternal life….”
Information acquired from Jesus is Savior.com
Filed under: Uncategorized |